Four Mac Pros -- one internal 6 TB RAID each (Data_1), and between 0 and 4 external drives added to the pool (Data_2 through Data_5). The machines are also being used as compute nodes. An independent Linux redirector is also set up.

So -- a computing cluster, with xrd as the file access mechanism.

Thanks,

Alden