Hi Everyone,

Our next weekly LQS meeting is at 2 PM Eastern time Thursday, October 28.

We'll discuss the article in Nature Physics 6, 744 (2010) on "Emergent complex
neural dynamics" by Dante Chialvo.  This article discusses some half-dozen
issues at the frontiers of neuroscience studies of the brain.  Emergent
behavior arising from the interactions of the 100 billion neurons and 100
trillion synapses is considered.  The article is attached.  You can also
download it from http://dmtpc.mit.edu/MaKaC/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=457.

Meeting info:

 Dial-in:
    SLAC is transitioning to a new conference system.  Dial-in is now toll-free
    from both the U.S. and most countries.  Instructions:

    Passcode: 3144955
    From the U.S or Canada: toll-free 866-740-1260.
    Int'l dial-in (toll-free):  http://www.readytalk.com/support/intl

    The chair code is 5639.
    Note that when the chair leaves the conference, the call ends, and
    everyone remaining on the line will be disconnected.

Meeting url:

    http://dmtpc.mit.edu/MaKaC/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=457

Agenda:

 1) Round-table reports.
 2) Discussion of Nature Physics 6, 744 (2010).

Thank you,
--Ray