>From what I know it might be that  it was never working with the classic
build. I was never running an Acc plugin with the classic build.
But I checked that for the autotools build it was introduced between a
checkout of May and the current version to link xrootd directly against
libXrdAcc.

Is there an advantage in directly linking the default plugin instead of to
dlopen the default one?

Cheers Andreas.