Dear all,

   with the help from Axel I have set up the buildbot infrastructure
on the ROOT build machines. The system is configured to build the
software on the following architectures: slc5-i686, slc5-x86_64,
ubuntu-x86_64, mac os x 10.6.4 and open solaris 5.11 i386. I will also
add ubuntu-icc and possibly windows when I have some more time. The
builds are triggered by every push to the repository at SLAC and are
also done every night at 3 AM (CET) to check if the update of the
reference system did not break the build. An email will be sent to
[log in to unmask] should the build fail on any of the
platforms. Both classic and autotools builds are tested.

   The summary page is available at: http://lxbra0301.cern.ch:8010.
For now it is accessible from inside CERN only but I will file a
firewall piercing request later today. In the mean time, you can set
up a SOCKSv5 proxy with "ssh -D" and acces the dashboard through it.

  BTW. xrootd does not build on open solaris at all, neither with the
classic build nor with autotools. configure.classic fails to detect
the platform and autotools adds "-xarch=v7plus" which is not
understood by the sun compiler. Any ideas what v7plus is?

  Also, a coverity analysis script is scheduled to run everyday at 2
AM (CET) and check if any new commits have been pushed. If so, it will
run the analysis and will send a notification email to this group.

Best regards,
   Lukasz