Hi Derek,

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Derek Feichtinger
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Autotools would have been an ideal solution for a multiarchitecture build
> test system with a common source tree on a shared FS. I had proposed that at
> this time. But the tools age, and I do not think that the autotools build
> has any backup inside of the xrootd developers. So I am also a bit reluctant
> to put more time into it at this stage.

   Actually, I would like to migrate to CMake, but I don't really have
time to look into that at the moment. I use autotools because it
supports parallel building and that makes a really big difference my
quad core development box :)

> But I can have a look at your build and try to help for this problem,
> naturally.

   Thanks!

> What do you see when you run ./config.guess inside the top directory on your
> SUN machine?
> Can you send me the config.log and config.status that is produced after you
> have run configure?

   Well, it builds fine on SPARC, but it doesn't on i386. The files
are attached.

Thanks,
   Lukasz