Dear Colleagues,
 As part of his ongoing efforts to reduce the federal deficit,
President Obama today proposed a freeze in pay for civilian
federal employees for 2011 and 2012. The press release can be
found at:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2010/11/29/fact-sheet-cutting-deficit-freezing-federal-employee-pay

"
This was a decision that was not made lightly. From the doctors
and nurses who care for our veterans to the scientists searching
for better treatments and cures, the men and women who care for
our national parks, and the thousands who make sure that the Social
Security check is in the mail and that students get their
scholarships, federal workers serve their fellow Americans. They do
so often with great sacrifice and motivated by a patriotic love for
their country. This freeze is not to punish federal workers or to
disrespect the work that they do. It is the first of many actions
we will take in the upcoming budget to put our nation on sound
fiscal footing - which will ask for some sacrifice from us all.
"

Additional information can be found on the OMB (Office of
Management and Budget) blog:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/11/29/tightening-our-belts

Sincerely,
Norman Graf