Hi all,

CMS found an error in the XrdClient which is causing a segfault in our code.  Here's the patch against our xrootd version:

http://brian-test.unl.edu/xrootd-readv2.patch

(this doesn't apply to trunk, but rather 20090727.1318) Basically, change this:

            Read_Async(reqvect[startitem].offset, reqvect[startitem].len);

            Read_Async(reqvect[startitem].offset, reqvect[startitem].len);
            res = reqvect[startitem].len;

Not setting res gives an incorrect return code from ReadV.  Unfortunately, TXNetFile kicks things back to TFile::ReadBuffers which, in ROOT 5.22, segfaults if given NULL input.

Brian