Hi all,

What is the fork safety of XrdClient?  We've recently found issues where if we fork() a child process in CMSSW after open/closing a file, that some protocols which persist connections become confused when there are now two processes using the same TCP connection.

We would prefer XrdClient to handle the issue transparently if possible.  If this is not possible (and we'd strongly prefer the former), we'd like a mechanism to release all connection resource that we just call once prior to forking.  We would *not* have to clean this up at a per-file basis as we have no knowledge which files are connected to which server.

At any rate, before we get too far ahead of ourselves... what's available?

Brian