FYI - the corner case from CMS is now more thoroughly understood.  It was due to an unexpected change in functionality for the TTreeCache (or a bug, depending if your the ROOT or CMSSW devs).

In fact, I'm not sure how useful this would be.  Prior to the filling of the TTC, ROOT will ask Xrootd to clear the contents of the cache.  So, if we're seeing two consecutive ReadV calls of the same clients, then ROOT will have manually cleared the XrdClient cache anyway.

This illustrates one of the weaknesses of the system - the interface into ROOT basically forces design choices that making multiple TTree's difficult for frameworks.

Brian