Follow-up Comment #14, sr #119348 (project xrootd):

Jeff Cunningham here from LLNL where the problem was first reported.  I was
able to get the appropriate networking people to take a look at this, and
there was, in fact, an inactivity timeout of 30 seconds set for port 1095,
but none set for port 1094.  My configuration has 13 xrootd nodes, with one
serving as both a server and manager, which required 2 ports (1095 in
addition to 1094) -- glcc87.ucllnl.org.  This explains why we weren't seeing
this issue on the other nodes.  I had the timeout increased to 2 hours, and
Lukasz reports that the problem is gone now.

  <http://savannah.cern.ch/support/?119348>

  Message sent via/by LCG Savannah
  http://savannah.cern.ch/