Hi Brian,

   the fork safety code has been run in Alice production environment
for around a week without any visible problem, it's been also
successfully run in EOS, so if you confirm that it doesn't break
anything for you I feel confident to commit it. I will also add a flag
to the environment to explicitly enable the fork handlers. They will
be disabled by default in order not to break the code of people who
run some stuff in fork/execve mode.

Cheers,
   Lukasz