Hi Brian,

2011/3/12 Brian Bockelman <[log in to unmask]>:
> Accordingly, in the separate packaging efforts of Lukasz and I, we have one one service per xrootd daemon: xrootd, cmsd, frm_purged, frm_xfrd.  This, however, doesn't play nicely with multiple instances: it's not possible to have a server and a manager and a proxy all on one host.

   My scripts do support multiple instances of daemons. In the
sysconfig file you can define: XROOTD_SECOND_OPTIONS= and
XROOTD_THIRD_OPTIONS= or as many of them as you want and then you can
either add them to the XRD_INSTANCES list which makes it possible to
start them with classical:

  service xrootd start

  or you can just handle them by name:

  service xrootd start third second