On Mar 3, 2011, at 7:54 PM, Andrew Hanushevsky wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> Could you produce similar stats for how many state requests each server got?

One server is below (*).  However, I don't know if the log message occurs when it gets the query, or when it responds to the query.

> All that should be in the log. As for the 10 second variations that could happen if the clients are being told to hold for one or two periods or the not-available time of 10 seconds. That should be in the log as well.

I also included below when the selects were performed.  I don't know the best logging line to look for, so I included two different views.

I should mention: these servers are running the latest git sources; they ought to include the late limiting code.  The manager is running a release prior to 3.0.0; just upgraded that to the latest pre-release, which is how I found the bug in the other email.

Brian

(*)
[root@red-gridftp10 ~]# grep '18:3' /var/log/xrootd/cmsd.log | grep do_State | awk '{print $2;}' | uniq -c
      1 18:30:34