Hi Paul,

xrootd uses the standard IP/hostname mapping interface. That should use
whatever you've configured the kernel to use. So, xrootd doesn't care. If
you can't get that to work (which I would be suprised) you can always use
actual IP addresses.

As for the the error, the host name can have no more than one asterisk in
it.

Andy