  Hi Ashok,

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 01:39:26PM -0700, Ashok Agarwal wrote:
>   It is not direct xrootd question, but related to it while running
> BetaMiniApp job.
>
>  I want to use two xrootd server back to back  : one for cdb and one
> for input file.
>
>   I tried syntex given below, but it did not work.
>
> read /store/SPskims/R24/24*/Tau11/000998/* xrootd
> orthrus.westgrid.ca:1094/hep200/kanga
>
> read * xrootd elephant07.heprc.uvic.ca:1094//lustreFS/BaBar/
>
> ii)    Any advise how to make it work ?

  At this point I don't actually remember the exact syntax we used for the
KanAccess.conf (*), but you should be able to look at the one at SLAC
and copy the syntax from there, no?

                                   Pete

(*) for non-BaBar people this KanAccess.conf is the "Trivial file catalog"
    which calculates PFN's from LFN's based on a namespace mapping
    convention. It really has nothing to do with xrootd per se, except
    that the fact that xrootd effectively manages internally the namespace
    meant that this "trivial file catalog" could in fact be, well,
    trivial. ;-)

Peter Elmer     E-mail: [log in to unmask]      Phone: +41 (22) 767-4644
Address: CERN Division PPE, Bat. 32 2C-14, CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland