I am having trouble with XrootdFS. In particular, I am trying to force
all xrootd traffic over my private network.  I can xrdcp using
root://foo.at3f//scratch fine on a machine different from foo.  However,
if I try to use xrootdfs to mount this filesystem, and set
XROOTDFS_RDRURL to "root://foo.at3f:1094//scratch" (or even replace
"foo.at3f" with the IP address), it will mount the filesystem, but if I
try to access it, I get syslogd messages:

WARNING: stat(root://<Public IP>:0//scratch/) failed (connection timeout)

Looking at the network traffic, it is clear that these xrootd requests
are going over the public network interfaces.  The timeout is then
caused by the firewall.

How do I force all communication between xrootdfs and the xrootd service
to go over the private network?  Moreover, how is xrootdfs getting the
public IP address of the server?

Thanks.

	Paul T. Keener
	Department of Physics and Astronomy