I want to create an xrootd configuration where I have three separate
namespaces: one for file storage for a grid SRM, one for centralized
storage and one for distributed storage on worker nodes.  The later two
do not necessarily need to be separate namespaces, but I do want to be
able to control whether files are storage centrally or distributed on
the worker nodes.

The centralized storage, both SRM and general use, are physically
located on same machine and either or both may be made up of several
distinct filesystems.

The main motivation for this configuration is to preserve flexibility.
To some extend, I would rather have a single namespace, but I want to be
able to absolutely reserve space on the SRM side, and that doesn't seem
possible in the current software.

Is it correct that I should run two data server xrootd processes, one to
handle the SRM namespace and one to handle the central general use
namespace?

Is there any problem running the three namespaces through a single
redirector?

Is there anything special I should be aware of in trying to set this up?

Thanks.

	Paul T. Keener
	Department of Physics and Astronomy
	University of Pennsylvania