These are very nice results indeed!

Ksoftirq handles bottom-halves of irqs, which in your case are mostly
triggered by the network frames coming from your 10g interface and
this is why it eats up so much CPU. Have you run your test with the
.36 kernel with the normal "desktop" preemption mode? Can you confirm
that your improvement doesn't come from your specific network device
driver handling the network frames by polling the device instead of
issuing interrupts?

Cheers,
   Lukasz