Follow-up Comment #2, bug #81761 (project xrootd):

I agree with Brian that this is the most "natural" way to handle this sort of
functionality and it is what most admins would expect. All you need to do to
make xrootdfs fstab compatible is to rearrange how you handle the commandline
parameters. I would say that it is a lot less work than maintaining the init
scripts. Not to mention the effort needed to get rid of them once we
introduce them and people start to build their own monitoring functionality
around them.

Concerning the env vars: is there any reason why you can't pass the same
information via commandline?

  <http://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?81761>

  Message sent via/by LCG Savannah
  http://savannah.cern.ch/