From: Lukasz Janyst
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 2:48 AM
To: Tanya Levshina
Cc: Doug Benjamin ; Douglas Strain ; xrootd-dev
Subject: Re: XRootD tag and RPMs

Hi Tanya,

   we will cut the second rc after we do some testing with this one.
Your request raises a more general question of how we should handle
the log rotation. Specifying it as a parameter for xrootd in the
sysconfig file has an advantage of keeping all the settings together
but I would argue that we should use the standard logrotator (man 8
logrotate) of Linux as it is far more flexible and is widely
considered as "the" tool for this sort of job which is what most
admins would probably expect.

   Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
   Lukasz