Filesystem mounts encourage users to type find and run updatedb, which
may well kill the metadata services...

Anyways, Paul, it is not possible to do that with xrd but a patch
would be welcome and should be fairly easy to implement with pcre. If
you're willing to spend some time I can help you do this.

Cheers,
   Lukasz