Hi Patrick,

   all but one of the xrootd threads are in the system calls, the one
that is not in the system call is calling malloc with a valid
parameter value, so I would say that the most likely scenarios are:

1) the malloc implementation you're using (Thread-Caching Malloc) is buggy
2) Athena is messing up the memory

   It is possible that it's xrootd that is causing the memory
corruption, but knowing Athena, it's very unlikely.

Cheers,
   Lukasz