Ho Wei,

No they cannot be. The -s option is there only for the init script so that
it knows the pid id without having to parse the config file. Other parts
of the system that rely on the config file to figure out where the pid
file is do not know anything about the -s option. The -s should be
treated as an internal option only not to be used by anyone but the init
script.

Andy