Hi Lukasz,

    There are several Tier 3 sites where the system administration (OS etc) is separate from the
experiment software administration. Thus one needs to be able change configurations on the fly.
this is not possible without root priv if root ownes the  configuration files.  One possible solution
would be to have a separate rpm that can be run to change the ownership to the same account that runs
the xrootd service.  This way the original rpms installs everything with root ownership, but the separate
rpm can make the change with a proper switch.

Doug