In that case, maybe it is better to put something like:

all.adminpath=/var/spool/xrootd
all.pidpath=/var/run/xrootd

in /etc/xrootd/xrootd-clustered.cfg

Otherwise, with the default location in /tmp, the /etc/init.d/xrootd setup will break if one changes the user/group of xrootd.

regards,
Wei Yang  |  [log in to unmask]  |  650-926-3338(O)