It seems when -s option is specified, xrootd/cmsd each creates two pid files:

1. a pid file at the path specified by -s option.
2. a pid file at the path specified by all.adminpath (default is /tmp). here, the pid file for cmsd contains extra info about the cluster.

Can these be consolidated? I especially want the -s option to overwrite all.adminpath so that we can define pid files in /etc/sysconfig/xrootd. and have "/etc/init.d/{xrootd,cmsd} setup" able to change the ownership.

For admin path, there is no command line option. So one has to specified all.adminpath in the configuration file if the default (/tmp) is not acceptable. We should remind users to put the in /var/spool/xrootd, etc.

regards,
Wei Yang  |  [log in to unmask]  |  650-926-3338(O)