Hi,
I have the following request to change some basic behaviour of the xrootd client code.

Currently when an XrdClient::Open was issued or XrdClientAdmin::Connect any DNS alias is only resolved once in the beginning and then stays forever as target in the loop which honours the settings for retry/reconnect etc.

Andy ... are there any objections to change this behaviour and to resolve the alias again before each retry? I would need that behavour to have an active/passive failover via DNS alias configured.

The code change is trivial (two lines inserted).

Cheers Andreas.