Hi Matevz-

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 12:42:11PM -0700, Matevz Tadel wrote:
> Yes, I know ... I'm running this show :)

Ah, of course!

> What I was asking was what cmsd info is useful for and what parts should we
> store to detect overloads etc.
>
> So far I was just discarding the cmsd records (also, the default xrootd.cfg
> did not enable monitoring for cmsd).

Unfortunately, I don't have anything useful to add here, except to say that I'm
very interested to see any cms* metrics in Monalisa that are relevant to
capacity planning. That would probably include something like the size of the
cluster and number of redirects per time period. I'm not sure how to synthesize
those from the raw records, but thanks for providing this service -- it's been
quite useful so far!

--

Will Maier - UW High Energy Physics
cel: 608.438.6162