From: Kyle Fransham
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 7:48 AM
To: xrootd-l
Subject: inbound traffic

Hi all,

We've got a single xrootd server serving out BaBar root files over the
WAN.  We notice that there is a lot of inbound traffic, even though our
files are exported read-only.  Attached is a network plot showing the
traffic on the xrootd interface for four simultaneous user analysis
jobs.  (In case you can't see the attachment, the inboud traffic tends
to be about 75% of the outbound traffic.)

Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks,

Kyle