I tried most of the things I could think of by now :)

This is the (current) config file:

if nfs-3.t2.ucsd.edu
  all.export /tas-3 global writable
else if nfs-5.t2.ucsd.edu
  all.export /tas-4 global writable
  all.export /tas-5 global writable
else if nfs-6.t2.ucsd.edu
  all.export /tas-6 global writable
  all.export /tas   global writable
else if nfs-7.t2.ucsd.edu
  all.export /tas-7 global writable
  all.export /tas   global writable
else if uaf-*.t2.ucsd.edu
  all.export /store global readonly
else if xrootd.t2.ucsd.edu
  all.export /store global readonly
  all.export /tas-3 local  writable
  all.export /tas-4 local  writable
  all.export /tas-5 local  writable
  all.export /tas-6 local  writable
  all.export /tas-7 local  writable
  all.export /tas   local  writable
else
  all.export /tmp   local  readonly
fi

And the problem is that write requests to root://xrootd.t2.ucsd.edu//tas-3/ get
redirected to all the nodes, not only to nfs-3 which actually holds the partition.

Is there any hope to get this "right" (the way I want it)?

I found this in the cmsd config manual: "During the subscription process, each
server indicates the file paths to which it is willing to provide data access."
so i still have some hope.

Cheers,
Matevz