Follow-up Comment #12, bug #86984 (project xrootd):

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Hanushevsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 2011/9/22
Subject: Re: [bug #86984] Xrootd 3.1.0 - preload
To: "Yang, Wei" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc : Andrew Hanushevsky <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Bockelman
<[log in to unmask]>, Lukasz Janyst <[log in to unmask]>, "[log in to unmask]"
<[log in to unmask]>, xrootd-dev <[log in to unmask]>, anonymous

Hmmm, didn't know it was so embeded. Anyway, the library is built correctly
and I was able to get it work but I had to do something rather stange to do
so. That was putting the library name in quotes. I suspect it may have
something to do with ld not wanting to deal with library dependencies (which
now exist) when doing a preload. The quotes made ld happy and it all worked
again. Then again, I may be missing something but the script below indeed
works just as expected.

Andy

  <http://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?86984>

  Message sent via/by LCG Savannah