I don't quite understand but when running this out of the script that I
supplied in a previous mail file opendir() et. al. worked just fine. It
didn't work if a) the library was not put in quotes, and b) the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH wasn't set correctly. The test wworked fine on RH5.

Given that one gets ELIBACC (which I was able to get as well) would
indicate that the loader is not finding all of the dependent libraries.
Well, that's an obvious statement. Now on to see why. Brian, could you
send me your failing script?

Andy