Follow-up Comment #19, bug #86984 (project xrootd):

I appears that in the particular version of Linux being used, there is a
shared library that interposes itself between the preload library and the
Posix.so library in a way that causes symbol resolution to occur before it's
time. This triggers the ELIBACC error. It's strange because standard versions
of Linux do not have this problem. I suspect it has something to do with
libselinux.so.

Anyway, the actual issue here is that the libraries, as currently built,
allow this interposition to occur. I will explore other groups of object
files that will essentially disallow this. I will also look into making
symbol lookup impervious to the vagaries of teh loader from release to
release.

  <http://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?86984>

  Message sent via/by LCG Savannah
  http://savannah.cern.ch/