Update of bug #88259 (project xrootd):

             Assigned to:                    None => abh

Follow-up Comment #3:

Indeed, further research shows that this is an on-going battle in the Linux
community on what pthread_destroy should do when passed a thread-id of a
thread that has exited (i.e., no longer exists). The code's author says that
the POSIX standard allows for a SEGV as a response. Others say he's a bit
loony for saying that. The debate has stalled and we have what we have (never
mind that Linux is the only system that responds that way). Frankly, it's a
bit embarrassing for the Linux folks to say the least. Anyway, we'll redo do
the thread destroy processing to avoid this issue, sigh.

In other words, xrdcp is technically correct, depending on how you read the
POSIX standard.

  <http://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?88259>

  Message sent via/by LCG Savannah
  http://savannah.cern.ch/