             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
      Fixed by commit(s):

Details:

Hi,
Not sure if this is a bug or not:

On a data server with this configuration:

oss.space public /disk/data*

all.export /atlas r/w stage nopurge nocheck nodread
all.export /atlas/local r/w  nostage

-------------------  xrootd startup fails ----

Here is a snippet of the log file

++++++ Configuring server role. . .
=====> all.adminpath /var/spool/xrootd/admin
++++++ Storage system initialization started.
=====> oss.space public /disk/data*
=====> all.export /atlas r/w stage nopurge nocheck nodread
=====> all.export /atlas/local r/w nostage
=====> oss.xfr deny 10m
111006 21:07:33 001 oss_Config: /atlas/local has check  export attribute but
rsscmd not specified.
------ Storage system initialization failed.
------ File system server initialization failed.
111006 21:07:33 001 XrootdConfig: Unable to load file system.
------ xrootd protocol initialization failed.
111006 21:07:33 001 XrdProtocol: Protocol xrootd could not be loaded
------ xrootd [log in to unmask]:1094 initialization failed.

-------------

It appears as though the defaults have changed between v3.0.5 and v3.1.0.

If I specify -
all.export /atlas r/w stage nopurge nocheck nodread
all.export /atlas/local r/w  nostage nopurge nocheck nodread

then  I see this in the log file:

       oss.space public /disk/data1
       oss.defaults  r/w  nocheck nodread nomig norcreate nopurge nostage
xattr
       oss.path /atlas/local r/w  nocheck nodread nomig norcreate nopurge
nostage xattr
       oss.path /atlas r/w  nocheck nodread nomig norcreate nopurge stage
xattr

Am I misremembering (or not reading correctly the defaults table.  even
though
these directories were r/w they did not have the migrate flag set. so I am
not sure why they defaulted to the check  flag.

Cheers,

Doug Benjamin

  <http://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?87518>

  Message sent via/by LCG Savannah