Hi Andy,

On 10/07/11 12:22, Andrew Hanushevsky wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> This should be posted as a bug. There are a number of issues:
>
> 1) Some modes of sending data are not counted in the file statistics, notably
> when sendfile() is used.

But it should be possible to add it to both counters (global and trace), right?

> 2) Readv requests are not included in the detailed monitoring record.
>
> The latter one raises a couple of questions:
>
> a) Does each read segment create a monitor record entry? This could cause
> excessive number of entries as readv vectors can get quite long. On the other
> hand, the alternate read mechanism would simply issue multiple reads and all of
> these would have been put in the monitor record. So, it may be moot.

Yeah, that's too much.

> b) You mention a separate entry for readv. Is this a tag on the entry? A
> separate code? We can do this since readv requests were never logged in the
> first place so no compatability problems.

Yes, Brian and I think this would be the best option, adding a new trace type
for vector reads, sending total number of bytes and number of chunks sent.

Is there such a thing as vector write?

> c) Should readv capture be configurable? Doesn't seem like that is useful.
>
> Once you post this as a bug, I will add his to your post.

Are we also hit by case 1)? Should I open a new bug for this cases, too?

Cheers,
Matevz