I am trying to set up the Composite Name Space and am having trouble.  I
am running xrootd 3.0.5 from the xrootd.org repo.

I have a data server that runs two xrootd servers to export two separate
namespaces, /srm and /atlasC.

I have a single redirector that runs on port 1094 and handles requests
for both /srm and /atlasC.  This has been working fine for some time now.

I have managed to get a cns xrootd server to run on the redirector and
two XrdCnsd processes on the data server, both writing to /data/inventory.

I have two problems.  First, only the /atlasC namespace is being
inventoried.  Second, there is no evidence that the redirector is
accessing the CNS xrootd.  In particular, when the data server is
heavily loaded, getting directory information still takes a long time.

The redirector xrootd.cf:

all.manager hn.at3f:1213

if exec cmsd
   xrd.port 1213
   all.role manager
else if named cns
   all.export /data/inventory
   xrd.port 1093
else
   all.export /srm
   all.export /atlasC
   xrd.port 1094
   all.role manager
fi

The data server xrootd.cf:

all.manager hn.at3f:1213

if named srm
   all.export /srm
   oss.localroot /disk/data3/ns-srm
   oss.space public /disk/data3/xrddata
   oss.space public /disk/data4/xrddata
   oss.space public /disk/data5/xrddata
   oss.space public /disk/data6/xrddata
   oss.space public /disk/data7/xrddata
   xrd.port 1094
fi

if named atlasc
   all.export /atlasC
   oss.localroot /disk/data0/ns-atlasC
   oss.space public /disk/data0/xrddata
   xrd.port 1095
fi

all.role server

ofs.notify closew create mkdir mv rm rmdir trunc | /usr/bin/XrdCnsd -d
-D 2 -i 90 -b hn.hep.upenn.edu:1093:/data/inventory

Can I get this configuration to work?

Thanks.

	Paul T. Keener
	Department of Physics and Astronomy