Follow-up Comment #6, sr #124729 (project xrootd):

Hi Andy,

The problem is that I only have sending port number, which is a random
high-number port. The serving port is only available in summary reports.

I have no problems with dictid ... and I do close all sessions/files with
some rather longish timeout. The problem is I process detailed and summary
streams with different programs. Ah, wait ... even if I had both streams, I
couldn't resolve the case of two xrootd processes with the same start-time -
the sending ports are different for detailed and summary streams.

Why couldn't a shutdown message be sent after SIGTERM is received? I'd assume
most xrootd restarts happen this way, that is, I never had to SIGKILL an
xrootd process.

But sure ... if you think this is going too far, please close the report :)

  <http://savannah.cern.ch/support/?124729>

  Message sent via/by LCG Savannah
  http://savannah.cern.ch/