Hi Lukasz,

> What I'm after is the request-id kXR_set with "monitor" argument that
> calls
> XrdXrootdProtocol::do_Set_Mon() which then sends the application provided
> string
> + dict_id to the monitoring stream. This is implemented on the server, but
> not
> in the client.
   Sounds good. I am not really sure what you mean by dict_id though.

What Matevz is saying that the protocol associates a "unique server
dictionary identifier" (i.e. dictid) with an application identifier so that
the application can simply use the "dictid" to group all related monitoring
information together even though it's reported as multiple messages. Nothing
you need to worry about but you have to make it available as a response to
one of the monitoring requests that the server accepts. All this is
documented in: http://xrootd.org/doc/prod/XRdv297.htm#_Toc235365577

Andy