Hi Andy,

On 01/27/12 01:25, Andrew Hanushevsky wrote:
> Hi Matevz,
>
> Right. Now you should ask yourself why the redirector requires authentication.
> You get nothing but overhead doing that since you will need to authenticate on
> the server anyway. It's usually just not needed.

I think it's there mostly to prevent our ATLAS colleagues from browsing the CMS
file-namespace ;) More seriously, I think admins just don't like if their
servers talk to strangers too much. And with caching of authentication decision
in XrdSecGsi the overhead is brought down to practically nothing.

I agree that not using authentication on redirector for connections from local
domain seems ok.

Matevz