Hi Keith,

2012/1/31 Keith Beattie <[log in to unmask]>:
> I've got a redirector with 4 data servers behind it and when I run: xrd
> redir_node dirlist
> it presents 4 entries for the same top-level dir (one for each of the data
> servers, clearly).  This seems like odd behavior to me, I was expecting it
> to be presented as single filesystem.  Is there a way to change this
> behavior?  (Desirable when there are many (>100) data servers in use.)

   The dirlist command will first locate all the disk servers hosting
the given path and then send a dirlist request to all of the servers.
It would probably be less confusing if the command actually printed
full URLs, ie: root://host//some/path instead of just the path.

> Related, I think, is when I run: xrd redir_node dirlistrec
> expecting it to list all the files on all the servers.  What happens is it
> stops with a 'no such file or dir' error when it encounters a dir which is
> not on all the data servers, but does exist on some.  e.g. I can then use
> xrd to cd to that dir and run a dirlist on it successfully.  Same as above,
> is this an error or expected results?

   I have just had a quick look at this code: The behavior of
dirlistrec is identical to dirlist except that it will also traverse
and print the directory subtree of the current directory. It will
indeed stop on the first error. It's a bug.

Cheers,
   Lukasz