Hello everyone,

   Since we could not get any kind of CGI support at SLAC and editing
the HTML pages by hand started to be a real burden, I have created a
simple setup that will generate the content of the web site from a set
of simple wiki-like text files using web-site compiler called jekyll.

   In order to modify the website, you need to:

* check-out the git repository at
/afs/slac.stanford.edu/www/projects/scalla/repo/xrootd-website.git
* make your changes and push them back
* run /afs/slac.stanford.edu/www/projects/scalla/vol1/website-gen/bin/website-gen.sh
script on the iris cluster at SLAC

  The script will automagically generate the website from whatever it
finds in the git repository. This will also allow us to easily track
versions of the website and people making changes. A browsable mirror
is here: http://xrootd.cern.ch/repos/xrootd-website.git

  As a test, I have added a new subpage describing development issues:
http://xrootd.org/development.html It only describes the library
versioning issues for the moment, but more content will come.

  I will be adding some "release planning" pages later this week so
that we could communicate easier on what gets released and when.

Cheers,
   Lukasz