Many of you don’t know me as this klystron soccer list is constantly changing and in recent years I  have joined the noon time soccer game only sporadically. But I have played with some of you for many years and what some may not realize is that there is another group of players which originally spun off from the noon-time group.

Many years ago there were so many players at noon time that one of our members from the klystron department (since left SLAC and gone to Varian) requested permission from Stanford Athletics to use one of their intramural fields. We play on the westernmost field between Sand Hill and Oak St. just East of Stock Farm Rd. We play every Tuesday and Friday nominally at 5pm but the games are popular and often oversubscribed and under way at 4:45. We try to limit the size of the games. We have purchased yellow and blue practice vests and when 11 of each are issued we close the game. In reality the games often go to 12 or even 13 aside but any more than that and a second game is usually started.

Over the years the game has evolved to where there are more non-SLACers than SLACers but we even have a facebook page called the SLAC Soccer Club.  Check it out if you’re on facebook and if you are looking for another game, come by the field Tuesday or Friday.

If you want to know where the field we play on is, ask Rafa, Dennis, Jeff, Roberto, Luis or Chris. They can tell you what the games are like.

Robert L Traller - Engineering Associate
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Engineerng Support Services
Phone 650 926-4063
Fax     650 926-3800

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the KLYSTRON-SOCCER list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=KLYSTRON-SOCCER&A=1