Update of bug #94823 (project xrootd):

Follow-up Comment #3:

I'm closing this. It appears that Ilija was using netcat to catpure the udp
packets. This utility is notorious for using a too small buffer to receive
udp packets and simply truncates the result without any complaint. Depending
on what get sent in the record, some sites may overflow that buffer. One
should always use mpxstats to captute these packets as it uses a full 64K for
the buffer and I strongly recommend anyone writing a udp packet capture
utility to use this size to avoid problems in the future.

  <http://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?94823>