   Thanks for reporting these issues.
   I am fixing the error reports and the obvious bug for ca:0,
self-signed CA.

   However, even without these fixes, I was not able to reproduce your
start-up failure with a self-signed CA.
   You should get some additional verbosity by adding '-d:3' in the
'sec.protocol' directive. Does that give any
   hint? Can you post the full log you get in such a case?

   G. Ganis

--
  Gerardo GANIS    CERN, PH Dept, SFT group, CH 1211 Geneve 23
                   room: 32-RC-017, tel: +41 22 7676439