I think you don't need to set up alias' anymore since hps-detectors is included in the hps-java jar now…is this right?

On Oct 16, 2012, at 10:17 AM, "Graf, Norman A." <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Hello Joey,
If you want to see the effect on the reconstruction of using a field value which is
different from that used to simulate the events, then yes, you can do this. But you
will have to set up an alias for this detector to make sure you pick up the new,
incommensurate geometry. Otherwise you will either pick up the locally cached version
or the official version from the web. I don’t recommend doing this unless you
REALLY know what you are doing.
If you want to conduct a study with the new field value in both the simulation and
the reconstruction, then, as Matt has already pointed out, you should  change the detector
name. You will also need to set up an alias to point to this new detector.
If you let us know the object of your analysis we can help you further.
Norman

From: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [mailto:[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>] On Behalf Of Joey Reichert
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:08 AM
To: hps-software
Subject: Changing B field

Hi Everyone,

Quick question: If I want to change the B-field applied to my simulated data using a given detector, do I need to make a new .lcdd file by copying the compact.xml for the file, changing the value of "by" to my new value for the B-field, and then running the .xml file through GeomConverter? If so, is that the only change that I need to make?

Thanks!
Joey Reichert