From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nelson, Timothy Knight
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:21 PM
To: Hansson Adrian, Per Ola
Cc: Maurik Holtrop; hps-software
Subject: Re: Meeting notes.

Ok, sure. I wouldn't say it is trivial, but easier than a more accurate model of carbon fiber coverage. The latter, however, has a real impact on physics. So, I would vote for that first if it's on the table.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 18, 2012, at 11:10 PM, "Hansson Adrian, Per Ola" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> we agree with that.  But as it was a trivial additional change when updating to a new geometry we decided that we can put these in to prove that point. If it would slow down any other work it's not a priority. At least that's what I took from the discussion during the meeting.
>
> /Pelle
>
> On Oct 18, 2012, at 2:03 PM, Nelson, Timothy Knight wrote:
>
>>> 3) The sensor description could be improved some, adding the hybrid and the cooling block.
>>
>> Can someone outline this for me?  The hybrid and cooling block have zero impact on backgrounds as far as I understand.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> On Oct 18, 2012, at 9:28 PM, Maurik Holtrop wrote:
>>
>>> Hello HPS-Software,
>>>
>>> Just some quick meeting notes on today's software meeting.
>>>
>>> Geomtery:
>>>
>>> We need to make some updates on the geometry of the detector to make sure we can believe the background rates and to be convincing to our reviewers:
>>> 1) Tracker needs to go to 6 layers, with double layers according to the final version. (Matt will look into this).
>>> 2) We should put in the vacuum box around the tracker. A model for this exists in Gemc, which can be exported to GDML. (Maurik will create the GDML.)
>>> 3) The sensor description could be improved some, adding the hybrid and the cooling block.
>>> 4) ECAL should reflect the latest and greatest version.