Hello Kyle,
 There are several classes in hps-java (in util) which write stdhep files
based on input from text files. Have you looked at that code?
Norman

From: Kyle McCarty [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:14 PM
To: Graf, Norman A.
Cc: hps-software
Subject: Re: StdHEP Generation and Format

I'm basically looking to do what Maurik suggested in his follow-up
e-mail. lcsim might be a good place to start with generating some
simple stdHEP files, so if there are any examples on how to do this,
that would be helpful. How complicated a beam can lcsim generate?

For the stdHEP files, Maurik has asked me to work on figuring out how
they are structured, so I was hoping that a library of some sort
exists to manipulate them in our software. Does SLIC or one of the
parts of the code use a library you could point me to?

Thanks for your assistance,

Kyle