Follow-up Comment #17, bug #97585 (project xrootd):

Hi Doug,

I do understand your frustration. In many way it is equal to ours. It's
simply that the change in the openssl hash function has thrown everyone in a
loop. This essentially means that until everyone transitions to the new hash
function certificates appear to be sensitive to where you actually obtained
one. There is supposed to be a transitional way of handling this but what we
have tried so far doesn't appear to work. But, we shall keep trying -- so no,
we have not stopped trying to address this issue. Please understand that it is
quite complicated as it involves interactions not only between SLC5 and SLC6
but also what version of openssl was actually installed on each one of them.
That said, Gerri has a serious family commitment and will not be able to get
back on this problem for a few days. So, please be patient. In the mean time
we would like to know why you said that *no* modules work on the head. What
modules are you actually talking about?

Andy

  <http://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?97585>