On Fri, 5 Oct 2012, Matevz Tadel wrote:

>> xrootd.redirect localhost:1095 all
>>
>> but this will redirect everything that isn't an open regardless of path.
>
> I want this, too ... but only for /tas path. Why is this not possible?
Because you are the first person to request this. But no matter, don't use
static redirects to accomplish this (see below).

> Mostly true ... only NFS is NOT dfs, each server there has separate files,
> exported with different prefixes (/tas-5, /tas-3 ... ok, there is also /tas/
> which serves a common namespace from two servers, but it is still not dfs).
>
> What I want: :)
> 1. I have to distinct namespaces and two redirectors for those spaces.
> 2. Problem is they are both running on the same machine.
> 3. I want the redirector on the standard port number to blindly forward all
> requests for the other namespace to another redirector on the same machine.
Simply subscribe the /tas redirecor to the master redirector. Then even
with "dfs immed" it should work because the client is being redirected to
the /tas redirector for anything that has to do with that namespace and a
redirector is essentially a dfs.

> Does this makes sense now?
Yes. Does what I just suggested make sense to you?

Andy